Tier 4 Visa Information


Immigration control in the UK affects everyone who is not a British subject.  UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) is the Government Department responsible for determining who may enter the UK and for how long.

Kingsmead  School  is registered with the UK Visa & Immigration Agency.

Pupils residing outside the EEA who require a Tier 4 Student Visa

All pupils who are resident outside the EEA and who do not hold an EEA passport will require a Tier 4 (Child) student visa in order to study at Kingsmead School.

Kingsmead School is registered and licensed with the UKVI to accept international students.

These notes explain the process of applying for a visa and specify the items you will need to supply to Kingsmead School in order to receive your ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’ (CAS) number. This is important, as you will need to use this for your visa application.

Kingsmead School is a Tier 4 Sponsor for UK Visas and Immigration.  Therefore, we are licensed to support Confirmations of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) for Tier 4 Student (Child) visas.

Your Tier 4 Student Visa must not be from another UK school, as this will not be accepted by Kingsmead.  You will need to apply for a new visa under Kingsmead School’s sponsorship licence.

Once you have accepted your place at Kingsmead, we will require the following items before we send you the CAS statement:

  • A copy of your passport (photo page and front cover). Please note, that your passport should not expire until the end of your proposed course.
  • All pupils who reside outside the UK are required to have a guardian, the Guardianship Agency Agreement form, signed by the guardian and your parents. The Guardianship Agency will organise accommodation for you in a home environment during holidays if you are unable to return home, and arrange any transport you may need. Additional information and advice on guardianship can be found via AEGIS (The Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students), an organisation that inspects and accredits guardianship providers in the UK and works to promote the welfare of international students. Full details are outlined in our Guardianship Policy, which includes a Guardianship Agreement form that needs to be signed by guardian and by parents and returned to us: Kingsmead School Guardianship Policy and Agreement. Please see their website for further details: www.aegisuk.net
  • A copy of the parental consent letter, signed by your parent(s). Please note, that if a parent is deceased, you will need to attach a copy of the original death certificate as evidence.
  • A copy of your birth certificate, certificate of adoption or a court document naming your legal guardian.
  • A TB (tuberculosis) certificate. For further information please go to: https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview
  • When you make your visa application, you will need to be able to show that you have the money available in your personal bank account (not business) to pay the first year of school fees. We will need a copy of a bank statement which shows that you have held the required funds for a consecutive 28 day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than 31 days before your visa application. *(amended May 2017)

The bank statement must show the following information:

  • Your parent’s / legal guardian’s name
  • Account number
  • Financial institution’s name and logo / stamp
  • Amount of money available *(amended May 2017)

Once we have received a copy of the above items, we will apply for your CAS.  The CAS is an online file which is available to UK Visa and Immigration staff who view your CAS when processing your visa application.  Once we have a CAS number from UKVI, we will email you a PDF of the CAS statement, and a covering letter from Kingsmead School stating evidence needed for your visa application.

UKVI currently charges £21 for issuing a CAS number.  This will be charged to your account at the end of your first term at Kingsmead School.

Full advice on how to apply for your Tier 4 Student (Child)  visa can be found at:


You must apply for your visa online at www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa.  You will be able to apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.  You can check visa processing times for your country at www.gov.uk website.  It will cost £335 to apply for a visa from outside the UK.

Pupils residing outside the UK who do not require a visa

If you are a British National living overseas or if you have an EEA passport, you do not require a visa to study at Kingsmead School.

Once you have accepted your place at Kingsmead, we will require the following items:

  • A copy of your passport (photo page and front cover)
  • The Guardianship Agency Agreement form, signed by the guardian and by your parents.

Pupils already resident in the UK who hold a non-EEA passport

Once you have accepted your place at Kingsmead, we will require the following items:

  • A copy of your passport (photo page and front cover)
  • A copy of any current permission you already hold to remain in the UK. For example, indefinite leave to remain, Tier 1 Investor or Dependent visa.
  • The Guardianship Agency Agreement form, signed by the guardian and by your parents.

If you require further information or have any queries, please contact:

Mrs Kathy Buglass, Headmaster’s Secretary

Email kbuglass@kingsmeadschool.com

Telephone- +00 44 151 632 3156